Riddle me this...

Started by Warph, December 26, 2012, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Riddle me this... Riddle me that... who's afraid of the big black bat?!?

"Riddle me this..."

...You're sitting at a bar, an explosively-dank hole in Funky Town USA.

You have an award that says, most likely to be the character in a riddle... looking around your attention finds a small chair with a mobile entity covering it with it's lesser half.... It speaks, you hear "Glass of water please... " You see the bartender examine the seated man for a moment. He then reaches under the counter and pulls out a shotgun point-blank in the man's face. The seated man speaks again "Thank You" he says, and walks out of the bar... why did the man get what he needed?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Easy.....the man had the hiccups and when the bartender pointed the shotgun at him, it scared him and cured the hiccups. ::)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Try this one.....

What is the definition of eternity?

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Uh ..the four blondes? If it is, I won't spoil it. Really funny ;D

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 26, 2012, 10:36:56 AM
Uh ..the four blondes? If it is, I won't spoil it. Really funny ;D

Sure it wasn't 4 Liberals at that intersection?
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Riddle me this....

A voice said to you, "Coconuts, $5 a dozen."  With your lightning quick arithmatic you calculated that if you sold those same coconuts to the coconut air assault team for the going rate of $3 per dozen that in no time at all you would be a millionare.  When I met you 15 seconds ago you told me the words you've just read.  I ain't trying to be nosy but now that you've drug me this far, explain your math or quite lyin' and tell me your TRUE financial status!

ANSWER:  A Billionaire
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"Riddle me this..."

You have been zapped into this room by means unknown.  There are two doors on one side of the room, there are two computers. It even seems they are each guarding a door.

There are two signs, and a leper in the room with you.

The first sign reads:

"Behind one door is God realization. Behind the other door is a room painted entirely green.  The only things in that room are a man and a ladder, both of which are painted entirely green.  The man has been hired by the coalition of Gangsta Rappers to hurl a non-stop barrage of insults at anyone who enters the room. " (end sign 1)

The second sign sits between the two computers (also the two doors) and reads as follows:

"One of these computers is programmed to lie to you regardless of how friendly you are to the user interface, the other computer is programmed to tell the truth, regardless of your emotional state."

It is about this time that the gangrenous leper begins to speak "I get you deal on phone time $.08 minutes weekdays all odd hours. $.10 on Thursday except the hour between 2:00 and 3:00, or any registered birthday.... "

He begins to... quite slowly... lurch towards you, he's already reaching out towards you, you get the sense he's a "touchy-feely" sorta person.  You quickly calculate you have time to ask one computer one question before he reaches you.  The riddle before you is this: What question do you ask, and to which computer do you pose your question?  Remember, you don't know whether the computer's answer will be a lie, and you've got to figure out which door to go out.

Hints:
1) You've heard great things about God realization,

2) It doesn't matter which computer you ask, i.e. there's an answer for both.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

What...???  Above Riddle too tough to answer???????  It is easier then the first riddle. 

Try this:
A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand.  There was a cassette recorder on his desk.  When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for."  Then there was the sound of a gunshot.  How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn't a suicide?

--Warph

-- Warph

larryJ

dead men can't rewind tape recorders.

Larryj (and I didn't peek)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk