Rand Paul and Ron Paul . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, June 08, 2012, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

I would think this was quite a shock to the Tea Party and Ron Paul followers.  It is true that Ron and Rand live together in DC so I have an idea that Ron knew this was coming.  This is by no means the first time that the notion of Ron Paul becoming Romney's VP has been mooted.

What is your take on it, Red?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

I'm thinking that we continue - this thing ain't over because it's looking like we'll have Obama or Romney.

"...the contest is not over, the strife is not ended. It has only entered upon a new and enlarged arena."
President Jefferson Davis, C.S.A., address to the Mississippi legislature in 1881.

Warph

Jack Hunter On Rand's Endorsement

Explaining Sen. Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney to Ron Paul supporters is sort of like trying to explain "blowback" to regular Republicans: Both take time to explain, and yet those who aren't willing to take the time to listen will never understand. Regular Republicans automatically think those who try to explain blowback are somehow rationalizing terrorism. Paul supporters automatically think those who try to explain Rand's endorsement are somehow trying to rationalize "selling out." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Sen. Paul has said for months he would endorse the Republican presidential nominee. I completely agree with this decision. In fact, I didn't even consider it an option to do otherwise–not for me, not for Sen. Paul, certainly not for Romney, but for the good of our movement.

Confused? You're not alone. Please give me a moment of your time to explain:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

I am about to the point i don't care anymore.  Might as well let them have their utopia.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk