JOHNSON, Sharon L. (Farnsworth) - b. July 5, 1942 - d. April 17, 2012

Started by patyrn, April 20, 2012, 08:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Sharon L. Johnson, 69, of Fredonia, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at the Golden Living Center in Fredonia.  She was born July 5, 1942 in Moline, Kansas to William A. Farnsworth and Goldie (Bryant) Farnsworth.

Sharon grew up and attended school in Moline before graduating from Moline High School in 1960.  After high school, she graduated from Pittsburg State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Education.  She later married David R. Johnson, and they lived in Lincoln, Nebraska until they were later divorced.  In 2001, she moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Sedan, Kansas to be closer to her sister, Shirley and husband, Walter Wigton.

She was a member of the Methodist Church.  She loved music, especially playing the banjo and guitar and any stringed instrument.  She also played in a Bluegrass music group.

Sharon is survived by her two sons, Kurt Johnson of Pennsylvania and Ken Johnson of California; one sister, Shirley and husband, Walt Wigdon of Sedan, Kansas; and three grandchildren.

Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be held at a later date.

(taken from the David W. Barnes Funeral Home website)

jpbill

So sorry to hear of Sharon's passing.  She was a nice girl.  Even though she was a year ahead of me in school, we did have one class together.  Biology.  Since we were seated alphabetically, we were next to each other at the same table.  She was very smart and very funny.  I enjoyed getting to know her better that year.  May she rest in peace.

Ole Granny

Sharon was a fun girl.  Always had a good time when she was around.  My sympathy to her sons and her sister, Shirley.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk