Obuma Tells Medvedev, 'After my election I have more flexibility'

Started by Warph, March 26, 2012, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Obama Unplugged

http://freebeacon.com/obama-unplugged/

President Obama told outgoing Russian President Dmitri Medvedev he would have "more flexibility" after the 2012 election to deal with issues including missile defense, in an exchange picked up by microphones in Seoul Monday.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

PRESIDENT MEDVEDEV: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you...

OBAMA: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

MEDVEDEV: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

As of 9:40 a.m., video of the exchange has only aired twice on television.

UPDATE: A senior GOP adviser on Capitol Hill called Obama's remarks distressing.

"If there was any doubt how dangerous Barack Obama would be for America's security in a second term, the president put all uncertainty to rest today," said the source, who closely tracks foreign policy matters. "The president just told us that he is itching to hand over America's most secret missile defense data to a country that is arming Syria and fueling Iran's Bushehr reactor—and he would do it today but for his re-election concerns. With no political constraints in a second term, who knows what Obama will do."

The adviser also said Obama's remarks should cause concern among pro-Israel forces in America.

"If this is what the president's promising the Russians on missile defense, God only knows what he's promising Arab leaders about Israel," noted the souce. "If you think Barack Obama was bad for Israel in term one, put your seatbelt on and get ready for term two."

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Why are they talking as if he's already been reelected? They don't think the Repub. candidate can beat him?

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 26, 2012, 06:56:56 PM
Why are they talking as if he's already been reelected? They don't think the Repub. candidate can beat him?

We aren't necessarily.... Obama and his dog washers are/were.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

The nation's top Republicans immediately began accusing the president of surreptitiously intending to give the store away to the Kremlin when he doesn't have to worry about the political fallout in the U.S.

"When the president returns from S. Korea, we look forward to hearing what he meant by having 'more flexibility' on missile defense," House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, said via his Twitter account.
(Uh huh.. I bet you do, Boehner.  So what are you going to do about it.  This Clown president is planning to sell us out like he did Poland!) 

"Let this exchange be a warning to voters: President Obama will have 'more flexibility' to weaken us if he's re-elected in November," former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin wrote on her Facebook page.

Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney also criticized the Medvedev exchange, calling it "alarming" and "troubling." He said the president already had agreed to give up too many U.S. nuclear weapons and scotched a missile-defense system in Poland in unsuccessful efforts to appease Moscow.

"Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage, and for this president to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn't have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia, is very, very troubling, very alarming. This is a president who was telling us one thing and doing something else and is planning on doing something even more frightening," Mr. Romney said in an interview on CNN.

Primary rival Newt Gingrich also questioned Mr. Obama's motives, telling CNN that "I'm curious, how many other countries has the president promised that he'd have a lot more flexibility the morning he doesn't have to answer to the American people?"

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk