Changing the Marquee

Started by W. Gray, March 01, 2012, 04:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

From Diane, on the "Better fill up today" thread on the Coffee Shop.

"Some of our gas stations here have changed over to computer operated signs, so no more changing the price by hand. It's amazing how fast and often the prices do change."

In the good old days, it was not often that one could see the movie folks changing the Marquee movie signs. It usually happened after the last day the movie played after the last evening performance around midnight or so. I think I saw it happen only one time. The manager would change the signs with a ladder, a long pole, and a box of big letters.

I have not paid much attention so I do not know if the movies still change by hand or have gone electronic.

Watching the gasoline people change their signs happened more often because the price could change frequently, especially during a gas war.

I noticed on my last trip that Tripco in Severy had replaced all their gas pumps with new machines.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk