Fox News and Its Truth Deniers

Started by redcliffsw, November 18, 2011, 08:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

"When the government makes loans or subsidies to business, what it does is to tax successful private business in order to support unsuccessful private business."

Government lending is as destructive as its spending.
-Ilana Mercer

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=368813

Diane Amberg

Once again, partly incorrect information.

Taxes are NOT the Gov'ts only source of income! We had this all the way back in high school! Taxes are by far the biggest source, but let's get it right, OK? 
  Taxes, borrowing (such as US Bonds and notes), fees, fines, licensing, tariffs and sales (excess land and goods, such as surplus office furniture, cars, trucks, kitchen appliances, medical surplus, military supplies etc.)
   Once again I find the accompanying ads very entertaining. No question about who their target audience is.
      "Are your arrest records publicly viewable? See anyone's!" ;D ;D ;D ;D
     Sorry Red, but that's just toooo funny!

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 18, 2011, 12:41:13 PM
... fees, fines, licensing, tariffs...

In practice, are these not effectively taxes?  Ways of feeding the government's insatiable hunger for money.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

No, because they don't go into the general fund (not sure about tariffs)  they go right back to support the project or activity for which they were generated, like National Park fees.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 18, 2011, 10:45:39 PM
No, because they don't go into the general fund (not sure about tariffs)  they go right back to support the project or activity for which they were generated, like National Park fees.

"In practice".

The net effect of government confiscation of wealth is the same be it called a fee, license or tax.  Regardless of where it goes.  And where most of that money goes is to support more government.  From marriage license fees to court filing fees to building permits and contractor licensing.  Government feeding government.  Collectively these costs sap vast amounts of money out of the private sector to feed the leviathan. 

Call it what you will... a rose is a rose is a rose.  And your beloved big government is the only group that collects money off the backs of both laborers and consumers on a whim merely with the stroke of a pen.  It's all very 'taxing' on individual liberty.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

MY beloved big Government? Are you NUTZ!? How dare you even suggest such a thing! >:(

redcliffsw

Come on Diane - you can't mean that.  You're as re-constructed as they come.

Diane Amberg

I beg your pardon! I've never had plastic surgery. Probably should have my eyes done though.
Reconstructed my foot! 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk