Birds: EagleOwl coming at you in Slow Motion

Started by Warph, September 23, 2011, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

EagleOwl in High Def slow-motion.  Worth seeing a creation of G-d in action... enlarge to
full-screen for maximum effect.

We have plenty of Owls an Rabbits out here.  Not uncommon to see an owl or redtail hawk pick up a rabbit and drop it from 50 or so feet to kill it.  How something so beautiful can be so deadly.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

Birds of a feather don't always stick together..... Friends

Uploaded by pla1554alaska on Feb 2, 2010

Alaska.... A fishing net got put out to be repaired and the eagles came. They pick all the fish out of the net. This little video camera blurs if I zoom in so I didn't zoom in on this video(except at the end on the one with the big piece of fish)-this is how close the eagles let us get to them.

A Golden Eagle displays remarkable hunting strategy, preying on goats much larger than itself by throwing them off the cliff face.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: Teresa on September 24, 2011, 07:49:30 PM
That was phenomenal!!!

Yeah.... these birds of prey are something else.  If you every get a chance, take in the "Birds of prey" in Boise, ID... I have seen falcons fly as fast as jets.  Amazing place.
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk