Windmill promises?

Started by PrehistoricRez, September 02, 2011, 12:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrehistoricRez

Remember in the planning for the windmills, "they" said there will be 200 workers in town! that will all be spending money.  I was in howard the other day for some groceries, and scratched my head, and wondered if the windmills are in full swing where are these so called 200 workers, Main st looked almost like a sunday only a couple cars, but it was Wednesday.  So I guess my question is if that promise was broken, what other promises may be broken? 

Patriot

Oh, there are a bunch around spending some money, but word on the street is that some of the 'corporate' bills are a bit slow in getting paid (like 60 days or so) and that some of the individuals buyers expect Wal Mart style (as in 1 hour) response for things like tire repairs, etc.  Funny how things that look really good on paper often look much different in practice isn't it?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on September 02, 2011, 12:08:26 AM
Remember in the planning for the windmills, "they" said there will be 200 workers in town! that will all be spending money.  I was in howard the other day for some groceries, and scratched my head, and wondered if the windmills are in full swing where are these so called 200 workers, Main st looked almost like a sunday only a couple cars, but it was Wednesday.  So I guess my question is if that promise was broken, what other promises may be broken? 

Is it possible that maybe the 200 workers were out west of Howard working and not in Howard shopping? Just saying.

Wilma

My thoughts, exactly.  And I wonder how many of the 200 workers are local people.  Have you checked the RV park lately?  How many travel trailers have been parked out there since work began?  Not to mention those that might be living in other towns or driving from home every day.

jdwight

As a business owner in Elk County all I can say is nothing lasts forever. I am thankful for the business this has brought to us. Do I wish it would continue? Yes. I hope that when the people leave they take a warm and fuzzy feeling with them and maybe they will tell friends and family what we already know. This is a beautiful area and they really need to see it. I have seen Wabash on a Saturday morning look like it used to 40 years ago with very little parking left to be found. Sure the tags all read from all over the country, but hey they are here and not there.Thank you folks. Ya'll come back, ya hear!!!!!!!!!!
It is just another adventure!

Ms Bear

I think some of them were camped at Elk Falls Damsite when we were there in July.  Noticed several of the guys left early and came back in the evening.

It was a very nice campsite and I hope we get to go back again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk