The future of Schools

Started by srkruzich, July 25, 2011, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on July 27, 2011, 07:21:10 AM
I seem to remember you sayin up a few posts how you taught your kids to talk back "if they thought the elders were wrong".........MAYBE THEY THINK YOU ARE WRONG STEVE!!!!
Doesn't stop me from telling them to go to their room now does it!

QuoteI spanked my kids a time or two but any kid worth their salt is GOING to be openly defiant once in awhile......I'd be worried if they weren"t. We have all known that kid whos mom or dad was a real fan of strict discipline and stood on their kids neck all the time....if they ever get loose they are gonna be the most out of control person on the planet 9 times out of ten and all you can do is hope they dont do themselves or anybody else any lastin damage before they get all the poison of resentment out of their system. Kids are like horses in that you can break em or you can gentle em or you can TRY to break em and create an outlaw.
Now when did i say i whipped them for everything.  Open defiance was not allowed. Didn't matter to me why they were defiant i didn't tolerate it.   I taught the kids negotiation instead of allowing defiance.  They knew the only thing that defiance was going to get them is a slap upside their head.  But to negotiate, that usually got them some of what they were going to be defiant about.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

thatsMRSc2u

Steve we are two diametrically opposed people..........thats just the way it is......I disagree with about 90% of what you think and vice versa.........so live as you see fit and I will do the same and we will just butt heads once in awhile.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on July 27, 2011, 09:51:38 AM
  Steve we are two diametrically opposed people..........thats just the way it is......I disagree with about 90% of what you think and vice versa.........so live as you see fit and I will do the same and we will just butt heads once in awhile.

I'm not surprised. :)  I usually am diametrically opposed to quite a few people.  But my way works, so i don't see it changing anytime soon.

thatsMRSc2u

srkruzich

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/05/atlanta.public.schools.scandal/index.html

Last month, 178 teachers and principals at 44 Atlanta public schools were found to be responsible for, or directly involved in, cheating on the state's standardized test, according to a report issued by the Georgia governor's office following an extensive investigation.

Monday is the first day back to school for the Atlanta system since the report was issued.

The report found that cheating occurred as early as 2001 and that repeated warnings were ignored by those high up in the Atlanta school system. Eighty-two educators acknowledged involvement, according to the report, and six principals declined to answer investigators' questions, invoking their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

About 30 people have resigned or retired under threat of termination proceedings, according to APS. Educators who cheated "should lose the right to be in front of students," said Interim Superintendent Erroll Davis, and that those implicated in the report "will not be appearing in front of children in the fall." Some educators could face criminal charges.

More at cnn

Now the million dollar question is this.  Why are they still paying these 30 people.  Why haven't they siezed their pay, and their retirement. They deserve neither.  They not only have committed crimes but have not preformed as per the requirements set up by the state education board.  I would have never threatened to terminate. Just fire their ass.  ALL should face criminal felony charges in that they all were doing this to receive 2000 dollars of federal money!   That's called theft and its a felony.   Throw their ass in jail and return their pay as well as their retirement back to the taxpayer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk