Why are some of us leery of government?

Started by Patriot, August 05, 2011, 11:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

S&P downgrades U.S. credit rating for first time
Washington Post
By Zachary A. Goldfarb, Published: August 5

Standard & Poor's announced Friday night that it has downgraded the U.S. credit rating for the first time, dealing a symbolic blow to the world's economic superpower in what was a sharply worded critique of the American political system.

Lowering the nation's rating to one notch below AAA, the credit rating company said "political brinkmanship" in the debate over the debt had made the U.S. government's ability to manage its finances "less stable, less effective and less predictable." It said the bipartisan agreement reached this week to find at least $2.1 trillion in budget savings "fell short" of what was necessary to tame the nation's debt over time and predicted that leaders would not be likely to achieve more savings in the future.

Full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sandp-considering-first-downgrade-of-us-credit-rating/2011/08/05/gIQAqKeIxI_print.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

you can thank Obama and co for this first time ever downgrade.  THIS cannot possibly be blamed on bush.   ROTFL.... Carter went down as the president who gave away the panama canal, and obama is the one who'll be remembered for losing our AAA credit rating as well as destroying health care.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jane

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on August 06, 2011, 06:43:37 AM
you can thank Obama and co for this first time ever downgrade.  THIS cannot possibly be blamed on bush.   ROTFL.... Carter went down as the president who gave away the panama canal, and obama is the one who'll be remembered for losing our AAA credit rating as well as destroying health care.

WWI, The Great Depression, WWII, The Cold War, Korea, Viet Nam, Desert Storm, 9/11, Katrina, Hugo and more....

Yet this little community organizer and his band of merry men with their checkbook & printing press sink the boat in less than one term.  Amazing.

srkruzich

Whats sad is our youth are losing hope.  I had my son talking about he's given up on our country. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on August 06, 2011, 04:45:12 PM
Whats sad is our youth are losing hope.  I had my son talking about he's given up on our country. 

And even if they don't give up, the bill they inherit will be beyond staggering

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk