IDEA FOR A BIG DRAWING FOR LONGTON FAIR

Started by frawin, July 29, 2011, 03:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

As Teresa seems to so much humor from my family's misfortunes let me tell you a story that includes a member of her family. This is the story as told to me----------Teresa has an Uncle that just for the sake of the story---let's pull a name out of a hat and call him her Uncle Russ. Now Russ and my father were young entrepreneurs wanting to make lots of money to impress their young brides. Maybe buy such luxuries as Maytag ringer washers and such --SO---they load up in their Coupe and head to Missouri, where they bought a load of liquid refreshment. Not wanting to sell a tainted product they decided to test a few quarts of their wares on the way home. When they finally arrived at Elk Falls in the dead of night they were both--I think the term used in the story was--"drunk'rn two waltzing piss ants "---but not so inebriated to loose their wits. They knew they had to hide their wares from John Law. My Dad had a freshly plowed rather large garden spot of a few acres where they proceeded to  dig a hole here--one there---one over yonder--until  all the shine was safely hid from prying eyes whereupon they "crashed" to sleep it off. Before morning there came a thunderstorm--a toad strangler--like a Holstein cow pi##ing on a flat rock, kind of rain. When they finally arose from their stupor, only to find the plowed garden was nothing but miniature hills and valleys (not unlike the wash board abs of my stomach ) and nothing to even hint at where something was freshly buried. I was told with much probing and digging they did recover a minute part of their haul. For several years to come when my Father would plow the garden he would hear the familiar "crunch" of another broken bottle---and my Mother said it was so sad to see a grown man sit on that tractor and shed the tears he did when it happened.
Not to be discouraged they made several more runs to Missouri for Cousin Ad (that would be Teresa's relation, not mine )
Now I aint real sure of the accuracy of this story so maybe ol Sarge will ask someone he knows personally to verify it.

Jo McDonald

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA    Sounds pretty real to me~~~~~~~

Not that I would ever believe a "bad thing" about either one of the heroes in this story.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk