Help for the people of Joplin?

Started by Sarah, May 25, 2011, 08:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Are any of the churches or businesses in the area taking up collections to send to help the people in Joplin? 

sixdogsmom

I saw a collection being taken up at Dollar General in Independence today, but nothing at Walmart. Guuess they are too big to care. I suspect that the ministerial alliance here in Elk county will participate, but do not know for sure. I will check tomorrow and post then.
Edie

Sarah

Diane Amberg

frawin

Walmart here has had trailer loads of bottled water and other supplies sent up.  Our church and many others have sent truck loads.  When our church got there, they had no place to unload it---things were full.  However they did find a place and did get it unloaded.  The PTA groups in Tulsa packed 9 school buses full and sent up there (that was broadcast on the news).  Several groups from here have gone up to do search and rescue and also to help clean up.  Have no idea what Howard and Elk City have done, but Independence, Galena and others have sent a lot as well as other Missouri towns, Arkansas towns and probably from many others.

It is going to be a LONG Recovery unfortunately.

Myrna

thatsMRSc2u

Only ones I know are the ones down in my neck of the woods Diane...There is a facebook page called Joplin Tornado Recovery that has things listed from all over the place...I think I saw a list posted on there of towns and drop off places in those towns though. I'll check in a bit...just got home..went to Severy today to pick up daughter from her granmas house and went and saw Ma in Howard :)

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk