Of Elk Konnected, wind farms & gorillas... Friends, Romans, countrymen...

Started by Patriot, May 04, 2011, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 06, 2011, 10:04:30 AM
MT, actually I was referring to the taxes paid by the people on the EK committees, not EK LLC proper. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. They all live in Elk County I suppose, so they must pay one kind of taxes or another.

But unless those people are now paying more in taxes due to being a part of EK LLC then it still was not being paid for. Businesses actually pay taxes and collect sales tax as well, that is way different than tax payers now sitting on a committee (unless they now for some reason pay more taxes for doing so).

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 06, 2011, 11:53:52 AM...irritating.

Looks who's talking.

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 06, 2011, 04:59:58 PMI also believe that in this economic times we are having, there is no shot of getting big companies in to rural towns for awhile.

We don't even need a big company right off the bat, we need growth of any kind. A small shop that hires a few people, like Sweet and Spicy for instance, can really help. A big company would be great, especially one that can bring in outside money, but even if we just got a few small businesses to hire more people to promote growth that will help. As more people are hired, the local governments will start making more money that can be put into improvements that could help get the larger businesses and you're set. Make this a good area for businesses, like lowering taxes and sustain or add the necessary infrastructure (within reason of course), and they can come.

QuoteIf I was one of the members of Elk Konnected, I wouldn't answer one of your questions on here. You have proven to alot of people that you won't listen to the truth, nor will you except the truth.

From what I've seen, they haven't really been given any answers to their questions so how are they not listening to so called "truth"?

thatsMRSc2u

Quote...irritating.

Looks who's talking.

Did I irritate you?? My bad  ::)

Since I no longer live there I am no longer going to comment on local topics.

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 10, 2011, 10:44:32 AM

I happen to know mtcookson and I think he is one of the nicest people in Elk County.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on May 10, 2011, 01:32:06 PM
I happen to know mtcookson and I think he is one of the nicest people in Elk County.

I haven't met a Cookson I didn't like.  They all seem to be great people!
WIth them, to sum it up,  What you see is what you get! :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

mtcookson

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 10, 2011, 10:44:32 AM

Most of your posts irritate me, honestly. Doesn't mean you have to stop though, I was just saying. ;D

Thanks! Although you might be thinking of my uncle up at the hardware store, not sure though. Not that I'm a mean guy or anything, I try to be nice, but he's the better known Mark Cookson around here. I'm usually hidden away at home on the computer or in the garage tinkering with a car.

Ross

Quote from: mtcookson on May 10, 2011, 01:58:46 PM
Most of your posts irritate me, honestly. Doesn't mean you have to stop though, I was just saying. ;D

Thanks! Although you might be thinking of my uncle up at the hardware store, not sure though. Not that I'm a mean guy or anything, I try to be nice, but he's the better known Mark Cookson around here. I'm usually hidden away at home on the computer or in the garage tinkering with a car.
LOL But hey if you are like him that's a big plus.

thatsMRSc2u

so do I he went to school with my sons and I figure he's just fine.

QuoteMost of your posts irritate me, honestly. Doesn't mean you have to stop though, I was just saying.

I irritate a lot of people.......it happens....I dont really care about local politics. Ross' manner just irritated me.

QuoteWIth them, to sum it up,  What you see is what you get!

Same here

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 10, 2011, 04:30:11 PM
so do I he went to school with my sons and I figure he's just fine.

I irritate a lot of people.......it happens....I dont really care about local politics. Ross' manner just irritated me.

Same here
ou

You should have made that clear in the beginning so I could have personally apologized.
Well, golly. I am so sorry I irritated you so much. I was actually conversing with other people. And I only provided what little information I could glean from the company Elk Konnected, LLC. And then I simply asked questions. And I sure hope that others enjoyed the conversation. I know it's not in a circle of chairs but it is still a conversation.

I sure hope you recover okay from the irritation, with an Elk Konnected, LLC positive attitude. Please accept my apology. Ross

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteI sure hope you recover okay from the irritation, with an Elk Konnected, LLC positive attitude. Please accept my apology. Ross

Dude...just leave it alone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk