I'm hard, but not unfair.... an apology

Started by Patriot, April 25, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on May 02, 2011, 06:23:13 AM
Have you tried to have a watch battery replaced at Wal-mart?  They don't do that anymore, yet their batteries cost as much as Julie's.
yes i have.  Also have had batteries replaced in my blood meter. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on May 02, 2011, 12:41:18 AM
Thanks  :).. Just like any small town store who doesn't have the benefit of buying in large bulk.. therefore having to pay a higher cost of getting it here.. we all DO try to be competitive in the price market.. There are some things that Batsons and Cooksons are higher on.. and some things we are cheaper on than your big stores.. But I know that we all try really hard to be in the playing field..
Customer service? There is no comparison.. hands down these 2 stores can blow any city store clean out of the water..

LOL Quite often i have gone in taken parts i have tell Mr. Cookson what i need and off around the store we go.  I don't know how many specialty tools he has helped me construct.  I know what i need and he knows where they are.  Good combination

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Not so fast now. ;D  Speaking from a delightful small city of 30,000 I can tell you my local jeweler does watch batteries, etc. at no charge (family owned) the hardware store delivered and set up the new gas grill when we bought it several years ago...we weren't even at home.The clerk had to drive past our house on his way home so he stopped. Alexanders, the local feed, flower and garden store has varieties nobody else carries and very good prices in market paks, not those little popsicle pots. I do my prescriptions mail order so that doesn't compare but we have lots of local small businesses even here in town, and to compete with the Lowes, Home Depots and Walmarts, they offer great service, good prices and wonderful conversation. We all know each other. All our neighborhoods are sort of mini towns many with local stores or shopping centers nearby.  Traffic can be annoying sometimes but the rest is great.( But I love small towns too!)

readyaimduck

Diane:  I don't think most will deny that a 'small' town as you described it will not have it's benefits.  My concern is that in order to pick and buy in bulk as Mr. I-wanna-buy-a-vowel-for-my-name sz.....something  ::) stated, that he has to travel to a larger city and perhaps farther than Eureka. And it seems to work for he/she. I don't presume to know where he lives, but in my case it would be ElDorado, Wichita or Indepence to break even just on the gas and time to drive vs. saving $15/$30 or so.  And then, you have to have the $85 to start with in  order to accomplish that.  A lot of people (unless retired with a good pension) can't afford it. 
That's why it is imperative to support the local business of your choice.  The original OP originated with ad Valorum taxes. 
  Since they are getting a tax break, and most likely they are not from here, are they pumping any money back into the hand that feeds them?

readyaimduck

"The original OP originated "  Sorry for the redunancy of the repeatedly double post! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk