The Crooks of Congress...

Started by redcliffsw, March 17, 2011, 05:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Continuing Stubborn Ignorance
....thinking about the looming Social Security disaster, I believe that a person who's 65 years old and has been forced into Social Security is owed something. But who owes it to him? Congress has spent every penny of what he put into Social Security. Any check he receives comes out of the hide of young workers in the labor force. I think that's unfair. The young worker has no obligation to that senior citizen, but Congress has.
-Walter E. Williams

http://www.lewrockwell.com/williams-w/w-williams74.1.html

Diane Amberg

Hey! When my generation consisted of the "young workers" putting into SS, nobody stood up for us and said it wasn't fair for us to be funding the older generation's SS. Why the guilt trip now? Those older people were my parents and grandparents! Now it's my turn, but pity the poor young people of today, they shouldn't have to take their turn paying in ?  Spoiled much?

Patriot

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 17, 2011, 05:45:26 AM
Congress has spent every penny of what he put into Social Security. Any check he receives comes out of the hide of young workers in the labor force. I think that's unfair.

Still believing progressive propaganda??? SS was sold as a savings program.  It was never a savings system.  Current workers have always paid in to pay out to current recipients.  Younger workers have paid retirees since day one. Only 'excess' contributions (which were substantial) were put in the now raided and now empty lockbox.   IMO, FDR was a lying progressive propagandist.  Still oppose privatization?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk