Learning Keeps You Young?

Started by Wilma, February 14, 2011, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have heard that as you age, you should continue to learn as learning keeps you young.  I hope this is true as I learned something this morning.

After using my front loading washer for nearly six years, I learned how to open the door after the washer has started.  A simple act, you say?  Not with my washer.  When my washer starts, the door locks.  There is a button that says, "Pause/unlock".  For nearly six years I have punched this button twice, thinking that it should unlock the door.  It doesn't happen.  This morning, having an item that I wanted to add to the load, I punched the button once.  Lo and behold, the locked light went off.  I opened the door, added the item, closed the door and pushed "Start" once again.  Everything is hunky-dory.  How much younger this makes me I might never know, but I do feel smarter.

Janet Harrington

Apparently your brain is getting more blood. Ha Ha Mother.

greatguns

It makes you a LOT younger 'cause when you learn how to operate all this new fangle stuff, you have to be a teenager! ;D

larryJ

So true,guns.  The other night we celebrated an old friend's birthday.  She is from Cambodia and up there in years.  No one knows for sure, but she is up there.  Anyway, we had bought new phones last week and I was able to get most of the stuff I needed to know to do, but hers was a mystery.  Upon arriving at the Chinese restaurant, our friends grandson, age 20, was able to set my wife's phone in only a few minutes.  Last week, at the jewelry shop where the grandson works, his younger sister, age 5, wanted to play a video game and asked him to sign her in to the program.  He just looked at her and said, "You're Asian, figure it out." 

It is true that you learn something new every day.  If you don't, you are not trying.  With the advent of the Internet, one can learn just about anything they want to know.  Whether it keeps you young, I don't know.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Lookatmeknow!!

I am not to old but getting closer to 40, and I am taking a government and Arizona history class that is required to graduate for my Masters. I didn't realize the wealth of information that I hadn't learned about the Constitution, the government, and all the history behind it. I didn't really think that I would like the class this much or for that matter learn something I didn't already know or have learned. But needless to say, I either forgot all this information or it was never of interest to me as it is know. And as for the new technology, I have a hard time with it myself. But I am also one that likes to learn by figuring it out, so I know how I did it. LOL

Wilma, I would have no idea how to run your washer!! And a matter of fact, I don't know how to even run a dish washer. I have never had one growing up, and the only dishwasher that we have now is 3 little girls that like to fight over who did them last!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk