CONARD-ROBERTS, Vera Mae (Adams) - b. September 4, 1934 - d. January 12, 2011

Started by frawin, January 12, 2011, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I just got word that Vera Mae passed away this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Janet Harrington

Vera's son, Cole, graduated with me, and Carey, her daughter, graduated with Patti, my sister. Prayers and God's blessings go up to the Lord for this family. Vera was a great lady. I have many fond memories of her.

Clubine Ranch

Our prayers go with the family.

Jo McDonald

Vera and I always talked about the days we played softball on the same team -- Waaaaaaay back when.
 Sincere sympathy to her loved ones...she will be missed.
  Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

The picture in the Eagle was so good of Vera, she had that great smile that she always had.

patyrn

Vera Mae (Adams) Conard-Roberts, age 76, a longtime resident of Severy, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  She was born on September 4, 1934 in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Vernon Cole and Lucy Edna (Fee) Adams.  

Vera was a graduate of Howard High School class of 1952.  While in high school, Vera found time to work in the Smith & Goodwin Store, make life-long friends with her classmates, cheerlead, and meet the love of her life, Herbert Ivan Conard. On October 12, 1952, Vera was united in marriage to Hebert Ivan Conard in Howard, Kansas.  Although Vera and Ivan grew up with very little, they worked hard and raised two children, Cole and Carey, and instilled a hard work ethic in them.  Vera and Ivan celebrated 51 wonderful years of marriage until his death on April 29, 2003.

The most important thing in Vera's life were her family, church, and friends.  She never missed a family member's ball game.  She was present for every one of her grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's births.  Vera was mother, grandmother, farmer, and homemaker.  She was a member of the Severy United Methodist Church, a member and president of UMW, and a member of the Cosmos Club since 1952.  Vera enjoyed painting, quilting, sewing, crocheting baby blankets for all her grandchildren, attending auctions, and collecting antiques.

On July 1, 2005, Vera married Bill Roberts in Severy, Kansas.  She is survived by her husband, Bill Roberts of the home in Severy, Kansas; one son, Cole Conard and wife, Jeannie of Severy, Kansas; one daughter, Carey Triboulet and husband, Ed of Moline Kansas; two sisters Helen Hinkle of Howard, Kansas and Georgia Ambler of Port Orchard, Washington; six grandchildren, Will Conard, Robin Miner, Clay Conard, Adam Conard, Thad Triboulet, and Megan Triboulet; and ten great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ivan Conard; two brothers, Elmer Adams and Stanley Adams; and two sisters, Francis Logsdon and Louella Foxx.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, January 15, 2011 at Severy United Merthodist Church in Severy, Kansas with Pastor Charles Cryderman officiating.  Friends may stop by the funeral home and sign the register book until 6:00 p.m. on Friday, January 14, 2011.  Interment will be at Twin Grove Cemetery.  Family suggests memorial contributions be made to Severy United Methodist Church and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Ole Granny

My sympathy to Carey, Ed and all their family.  Such a wonderfull family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk