Longton Ball Field

Started by Varmit, December 14, 2010, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

To all Longton Citizens

It has come to my attention that recently the City of Longton "donated" close to $5000.00 for renovations of the ball field.  Barring the fact that the streets are in sorry shape and no money can be found for their repair, a donation of 5k for the ball field should be enough for anyone living in Longton to become upset.  However, after viewing some of the work done I would think that the "upset" point would be passed and now moving well into the Angry phase.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that when constructing anything with cinder blocks that there need to be at least a 1/4in of mortar between bricks?  I observed in several locations on the new grandstand several "dry" joints between bricks.  Also, when building something I always thought it a good idea to employ the use of a level.  So far it is beyond obvious that the architects working on the ball field did not use one.   Also, I wouldn't think that using broken or damaged blocks would be a good idea.  Apparently, the folks working on the grandstand do not share my beliefs on this.

I would also like to point out that when installing the plumbing in a structure with a concrete floor (also known as a slab) said plumbing should be made to have at least a 1/4 bead worth of grade.  Or for those not using a level (bad idea when plumbing by the way) that would be a 1/4in of downward slope per each foot of length of pipe.  Thus ensuring that the waste water and material will drain.  In other words, your drain line should slope AWAY form your plumbing fixture (i.e. sink, commode, e.t.c.) not the other way around.  Again, I must be alone on this one too.  I won't even get into the vent situation...needless to say...it ain't gonna work.

In short, the citizens of Longton should take a stroll to the new ball field and see how their tax dollars are being (pardon the pun here) flushed away.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk