Threats at the High School

Started by MarineMom, October 13, 2006, 08:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarineMom

Does anyone know if they have found or have any leads on the person who made the threat on the West Elk web page?

Wilma

Hadn't heard about that.  I will ask Janet and maybe have an answer soon.

Janet Harrington

Here is what I know because my husband works at the school.  Someone or several, (who knows), supposedly hacked into the West Elk web page and put these words on the events calendar...

"You die!!!"  This was put on today's date, October 13.  The school decided to be safe and have placed our three schools, Severy, Howard, and Moline into lock down status.  This was reported to law enforcement.  There is supposed to be extra law enforcement at the ball game tonight.  Notes were sent home with every student, I understand.  That is about all I can tell you.

MarineMom

We got the note and had a terrible time convincing the youngster that he did not need a day off school, until he talked to some of his other friends and found they would still be going. I noticed that the bus had fewer students than usual though. We felt that if there was a "real" threat that it would not have been posted ahead of time, also the school has taken all precautions so the kids are probably safer there today than they would be if they stayed home.

Teresa

Have they had any "computer geek ( genius) look into the computer and see if the "hacker " can be traced?
I know that Kjell's website ( CasCity.com) was hacked partially and he dug and finally found out the country that the hacker was from. They didn't get far, because he has it password deep in encryptions, but they got far enough to do some damage.
Hackers!!! I have a term for them, but I have to remember that this is a family site.. >:(

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

bowie boy

word has it that a student from sedan made the threat.  also they wernt hacking into the west elk website.  the events calender was open for anybody to submit somthing, now it is reviewed befor it show up on the calender.  as of right now no certain person has been found guilty  :police: :police: i hope it never happens again!!!!
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

DanCookson

We kept ours home for the day.  Better to miss one day of school than spend the rest of my life wishing I would have.....

Janet Harrington

You got it right there, Danny.  Some foolishness on someone's part.  I'm sure if they will do the right kind of investigation, they will be able to figure out who did it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk