KYSER, Alice (Weaver) - b. May 4, 1842 - d. May 23, 1912

Started by genealogynut, February 01, 2007, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
May 30, 1912

Alice Weaver was born in Newtonsteward, Scotland, May 4, 1842.  She came with her parents to America in 1847.  She was united in marriage in 1861 to Lynas W. Kyser who departed this life January 7, 1908.

To this union were born seven children, five sons and two daughters.  She leaves to mourn her loss, three sons, two daughters, onw brother and eight grandchildren.  Two sons Franklin and Charles Frederick having preceded her in death.

Mr. and Mrs. Kyser came to Elk county in 1888, and she has lived in her present home since that time.

She joined in early life the United Presbyterian church, in which faith she lived until called to the fellowship of the church above.

When the hour of her departure came, the veil between that land of light and rest was lifted, angels said: "Sister come away."  It was not death that claimed Mother Kyser, but life, not a closing but an opening into a fuller, broader, grander existence.

The end came; "She had done what she could, and she stepped from this habitation to accept her reward from Him who alone can give it at time of transition.  The life and walk of Mother Kyser were in keeping with the teaching of her Christ and that life was devoted to the welfare of those she loved.

She died at her home seven miles north of Grenola, Kansas, May 23, 1912, and there her funeral services were held.  Edgar G. Coons, pastor of the M. E. church in Grenola, Kansas officiated.

Mrs. Kyser was aged 70 years, and 19 days.

The high esteem in which this good woman was held was shown by the large number of friends and neighbors who attended the funeral and followed her to her last resting place in Green Lawn cemetery.

CPullman

This should be Kyser, rather than Lyser.  This was my gg grandmother.

patyrn

Thank you for notifying this Forum of the misprint.  It was recorded before I became the moderator of this section, but in checking other sites on the internet, I found the identical obituary with the Kyser name associated.  I have made the correct change. 

I appreciate your noticing this error.  Genealogists run into these situations periodically, and it is so helpful to get it straightened out.  Do you have any related family obituaries that might be of interest to the Elk County area?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk