DUDGEON, Lee Elmo - b. July 2, 1931 - d. October 3, 2009

Started by frawin, October 17, 2009, 01:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Lee Elmo Dudgeon passed away Saturday, October 3, 2009, at the age of 78 at his home in Rapid City, South Dakota with many family members present. Although his battle with cancer was short, it was a courageous one.

Lee was born July 2, 1931, to Lee and Nonine Dudgeon in Howard, Kansas.  He was married to Marian Lucille Harris on July 3, 1952, in Moline, Kansas. This marriage was blessed with four children: Dennis of Rapid City, South Dakota,  Douglas (Norma) of Denver, Colorado, Deborah (Daniel) of Rapid City, South Dakota, and David (Kim) of Coburg, Australia.

Lee spent his adult life working as a salesman and a highly respected and award-winning sales manager for GMAC dealerships across the Midwest including Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota. He was an avid Broncos fan, hunter, fisherman, and family man. He was a Mason and longtime member of the First Christian Church in Laramie, Wyoming.

He is survived by his wife, Marian, four children, nine grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, and three very special Yorkshire Terriers.  He was preceded in death by his parents; his only sibling, Robert of Sonoma, California; his wife's parents; one nephew; a brother in-law; and numerous dog children.

A celebration of Lee's life is being held with relatives and close friends. In lieu of flowers, donations should be sent to Hospice of the Black Hills. A special Thank You to Nancy Thornburg of the Hospice of the Black Hills, the staff at Clarkson Mountain View Health Care Facility, Prairie Hills of Golden Living Centers, and the nursing staff on the Fifth Floor of the Rapid City Regional Hospital.  Lee loved life, family and his dog children.

Black Hills Funeral Home & Cremation Services of Sturgis, South Dakota has been entrusted with the arrangements.  Friends may sign Lee's online guest book at http://blackhillsfuneralhome.com

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Elmo Dudgeon was a Master Car Salesman around Howard, Moline, and Sedan for many years.  He had a great personality and was happy all the time with a big, warm laugh.  He graduated from Howard High School in the Class of 1948.  His wife was Marian Harris from Moline.

jpbill

I remember Elmo when he was a car salesman for Ames Chevrolet in Moline in the 50's and early 60's.  He was the salesman when I bought my first new car, a 1963 Corvair Monza.  

Elmo was a good guy, not the stereo typical car salesman.  He had a great smile.  

Rest in Peace, Elmo.

Bill Hawkins

Ole Granny

I agree.  Always pleasant to be around.  Sympathy to the family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk