Howard Item on Ebay for only $2,799.00 + $20.16 shipping!

Started by Marcia Moore, September 21, 2009, 06:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Heck, I could buy a PhD with my OWN name on it for less that that ... and maybe even have a few enemies shot while I'm at it.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

pepelect

kshillbillys

By visiting the websites of FedEx, UPS and USPS, USPS's price of $20.16 to ship it to Howard or surrounding towns in 6 days is by far the cheapest! It is a WONDERFUL deal!!!

FedEx: $55.08   3 business days, must sign
UPS Next Day Air: $184.19
UPS 2nd Day (9-28): $142.20
UPS 3 day (9-29): $94.36
UPS Ground (9-30): $54.93
USPS (9-29 or 9-30): $20.16

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Marcia Moore

The listing states the package will be sent via parcel post - not next day, not second day, etc.  In addition, if anyone is going to pay the $2,799 for the item, they will most likely want their purchase to be insured, and in that case, they will need to sign.
    I, too, checked the shipping, and for a 3 lb. package 30" x 24" x4", mailed from zip code 10041 to 67137, the shipping charge to send it USPS was $20.16, and the length of time the package would take was 6 days.
    I also checked the UPS website, and their charge for a 3 lb. package from 10041 to 67137 and sent UPS Ground was $14.36 for 3 days.  How did you come up with your UPS figures?

kshillbillys

i got the dimensions of the package and weight from the seller. Took the zip code for Accord, NY which is 12404 and used Howard's zip code of 67349 and went to each website to figure it up. Even if insurance and delivery confirmation was used through the post office it wouldn't add that much to the final shipping costs and you have the option with USPS now to decide which insurance you want, so you don't have to make the receiver sign for a package anymore if it can be left safely.

Marcia Moore

I agree with your USPS prices.  My question was, how did you come up with your UPS figures?

kshillbillys

I went to www.ups.com. It asked for my location and on the click down menu I chose United States-English. Under the SHIPPING tab, I chose Calculate Time and Cost.  Then I chose to make a Detailed Time and Cost. Ship from USA, Accord, NY 12404 to USA, Howard, KS 67349. My packaging. Package weight. Dimensions. Value. Hit next after answering how they are going to get the package and on next page is a screen of all of the different Time and Cost Summaries.

Marcia Moore

I did it your way and still came up with only $14.36.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk