Catalpa sphinx worms

Started by Joanna, August 25, 2009, 07:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Hmmm--------------not a fisherwoman, eh, Cat?  I can't imagine living in Elk County and not have gone fishin' just once.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flintauqua

I was going to say something about fishing, but I'll start a different thread.

sixdogsmom

I have been poking around a little bit to see if they are edible for humans. I would guess that they are, I understand that there is very little that is not edible. Chocolate covered maybe? We might have a new industry in the process.
Edie

Tobina+1

I'm echoing Catwoman... EEEEEWWWWW!
These nasty worms eat up my tomato plants if I don't watch them carefully!  (At least they look like the same worm.)

And, we may be evicted from EK County, but neither my hubby or I care for fishing.

Wilma

Jeez, Tobina, you have just destroyed my illusion that you were perfect.

Joanna

I don't know Wilma... seems like a little flaw makes her even more perfect 'cause she's even more like the rest of us  ;D

I don't fish either, but I used to love it; as a kid my family spent every summer weekend camping at the river & fishing.  I have a champion tournament fisherman son, but he's all wrapped up in "catch & release" nonsense.   :P

Our neighbor Donnie has a fish fry occasionally and invites us over; it's the best fish ever because I don't have to catch, clean or cook it; plus get to viist with lots of friends at the same time!  ;D

Wilma

I've had some of his fish and it is good, but it can't hold a candle to what my mother used to fry in an old iron skillet in lard.

Tobina+1

No, NOT perfect, that's for sure!   ::)

Well, I don't care to fish, but I do like to eat fish!  We just got back from visiting hubby's family in FL and had some catfish "sharpies"... they are no bigger than your hand and fried with the fins on.  First thing you eat is the crusty fins, then you carefully bite down on the meat and pull it from the bones.  Looks like the cartoon fish bones when you're done (minus the head).  Isn't it interesting how around here, people want to catch the BIGGEST catfish... and elsewhere, the small ones are the ones to catch!?

So, Joanna, did you get rid of all your worms?  I hope Teresa didn't leave you some cornbread for a trade!   :P

Teresa

Kjell and Massages have been keeping me busy for the past few days.. And my late nights have been totally taken up with being addicted to Farkle on Facebook! ( That game is going to be the death of me yet.. LOL  ;D)
So Darn it...Haven't had a chance to get the worms yet... and we catch crappy , perch and bull gill and clean cook and at them the way you are describing Tobino.. ( minus the head) the crunchy  tail is the best part.. but you're right . They look just like cartoon Sylvester's fish bone when you are done.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk