Fatality accident near Longton

Started by Rudy Taylor, August 17, 2009, 07:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Highway accident claims life of Longton teenager

A one-vehicle accident on Highway 160, two miles east of Longton, claimed the life of a Longton teenager early Sunday.
   The Kansas Highway Patrol reports that Steven P. Wehling II, Longton, died as the result of injuries sustained in the accident.
   Wehling was driving west on Highway 160 when he apparently lost control on a curve, went into the north ditch and struck a tree.
   It was several hours later before the wreckage was found. Investigators said the wreck happened sometime between 2:30 and 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
   Steven Wehling is the son of Karin Coatney and the step-son of Kent Coatney who reside in Longton.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Rudy Taylor

I forgot to include the age of Steven Wehling who was 19.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

So sad to hear this news.  Sad when it happens to ANY age person, but especially sad to hear about someone this young.  My heart goes out to his family and his friends and the poeple of Longton.

whizkid238

Kent and all your  family sorry to hear of your stepson's death .   Matt you and Chuckie sure played alot together All my love 

Catwoman

This is very sad news...I knew Steven and his mother.  My heart and prayers go out to them.

Jo McDonald

What a heart breaking thing to have happen.  I can not even imagine the pain of those left to mourn this young man's demise.

Our deepest sympathy to this family.

Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk