Bug question

Started by Tobina+1, June 18, 2009, 12:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

I have a question that's been bugging me...
Two nights ago, we had hundreds if not thousands of bugs flying around our yard light.  June bugs, lightning bugs, etc.  Last night; not a single one.
I did not spray, the weather was just as humid out (although no storms brewing last night compared to Tuesday night), and the wind was not blowing either night.
Anyone have an answer?   ???

Catwoman

Someone was raising a stink elsewhere in Elk County and diverted their attention....LOL!

Rudy Taylor

I'd say they all headed to Oklahoma where they were scooped up and served as dinner (those that weren't used as fish bait).
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Catwoman

Oh, eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

patyrn

Oh Rudy, you'd better be careful there............................................some of us displaced Kansans who ended up in Oklahoma may take offense at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo McDonald

Poor Tobina.........
You didn't get one single answer that made any sense, did you?  And here I sit laughing my head off at what you did get. sorry...

Monday night when I came home from playing bridge. the bugs were horrible around our back light on the patio -- but haven't noticed many since then.  Weeeiiirrrrddddddd  Bugs out there.  lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

Look for an absolutely obese garden toad, that is more than likely your gallant knight. Ooorrrr, maybe Tuesday is date night in your part of the bug world.  ;)
Edie

Catwoman

Strange...I was under the impression that Thursday was date night out in the plebian insect world...LOL

Joanna

Well, I don't know where they went Wednesday night, but last night (Thurs) they were at my house.  Sounded like hail with the Junebugs banging into the windows, and would have been a beautiful night to catch lightning bugs if I was into that.  ;D

I have noticed that the mosquitoes don't seem nearly as bad this year... don't want to jinx anything here and we still can't sit out on the porch at night without some bug repellant. 

Tobina+1

Yeah, you guys are a WEALTH of knowledge...  :P  But at least I got my entertainment for the week!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk