HENDERSON, Carl A. - b. August 8, 1937 - d. May 5, 2009

Started by patyrn, May 06, 2009, 12:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Carl A. Henderson, age 71, of Grove, Oklahoma, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at his home.  The son of Raymond and Ena (Johnson) Henderson, Carl was born August 8, 1937 in Rossville Kansas.  He grew up and attended schools there, and after high school, he went off to college where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. 

On May 29, 1959, Carl married Esther Lanning in Howard, Kansas, and she survives of the home.  Carl worked for twenty-five years as an accountant for Simmons Foods where he retired, and then went on to work for Medicalodge in Coffeyville, Kansas.  Carl was a devoted family man who was proud of his children and of his grandchild.  He enjoyed sports, being a KU fan, and he loved the outdoors.

In addition to his wife, Esther, Carl is survived by one son, Mike Henderson of Grove, Oklahoma; one daughter, Becky Dole of Springfield, Missouri; one granddaughter, Kelly Dole of Springfield, Missouri; one sister, Wanda Evans of Fall River, Kansas; one brother, Keith Henderson of Emporia, Kansas; and several nieces and nephews.  Carl was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.

Memorial services will be held Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at South Lawn Cemetery in Severy, Kansas.  Memorials may be made to th American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, or The American Lung Association and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas  67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

Thanks Karen, you are appreciated. Carl has been sick for a long time, the last time I talked to him was about a year ago now. Esther was in my class and I went to school with her for 12 years. I have to be out of town unless I can make some changes. I would really like to be there for her she is a really neat person.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk