Bush returns for Hall of Fame dinner, induction

Started by frawin, April 24, 2009, 07:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Sometimes I stop at Montereys Mexican there in Bv.  I'd enjoy meeting you one of these days and I'm sure we'd have a good visit.
REDCLIFF, That would be great, Monterey is my favorite Mexican in the area.

frawin

Quote from: redcliffsw on April 24, 2009, 08:06:51 PM
Frank, I'm not for putting any of our American Heritage to a vote, nor am I in favor of discriminating against any of our American veterans; and our Confederate veterans are American veterans as recognized by Congress.

Neither do I support removing our monuments and landmarks.  To do so is not compassion and in my opinion it's not Texan either.

Bush removed the Confederate plaques in 2000 and he never stood for re-election as governor of Texas after that.

Wish I had time to find the wording on the plaques, but here's some info:
http://slrc-csa.org/site/pr/2004/pr06-08-2004.php

Sometimes I stop at Montereys Mexican there in Bv.  I'd enjoy meeting you one of these days and I'm sure we'd have a good visit.

REDCLIFF, I was thinking wrong on the time frame, my mistake..Unfortunately the demographics of the Texas voters are changing rapidly.

Varmit

I may be just way out in left field here, but I have been mesing around on youtube, so that might explain this as just paranoia.  But, do you think it is possible that the shift in attitude in texas as well as the rest of the county is due to the fact that we have a huge increse in the number of immigrants and that those in power are just trying to soften attitudes towards the North American Union?  Maybe trying to de-sincitize americans to the idea of it?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Billy that's desensitize....and I rather doubt it. Not everything is a big conspiracy. ;D

Varmit

Thanks for the spelling...that word was driving me crazy and I couldn't find my dictiao...ditcion...you know, my big book of spell check. ;D

a few years ago I would have agreed with diane, but anymore there seems to be more evidence for the conspiracy than against it.  I hope you're right...but the voices in my head tell me your not.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

No. it's not a conspiracy.  It's just the way they are and it's a good sign of the times as
stated in the Bible. 

Republican & Democrats are in the mix together.  Their debates really do not amount to much.
Just look at them dis-mantling this country and so it's pretty difficult to support any of 'em in my
opinion.

Varmit

No. it's not a conspiracy.  It's just the way they are and it's a good sign of the times as
stated in the Bible. -redswcliff

How do you mean?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk