National Geographic On Line Map and Elk County

Started by Leonardcrl, April 21, 2009, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardcrl

I am a map nut so forgive me for bringing this.  But National Geographic Magazine has a online map that I believe is much better than for local coverage than the Google Maps of Map Quest.  When I checked it out there were two items that I believe Elk Countians may find appealing. 

• The maps have the county roads labeled.  Could come in handy when you have strangers trying to find your place.
  • The supporting satellite pictures are more recent and have better resolution.

Just in case you missed it.  8)
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

W. Gray

The only problem is that those road names are the old names.

The county's street signs all have the new designations.

Neither Microsoft nor Delorme applications have the new names either.

I think it has been almost ten years since the roads were renamed.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Thanks Carl, I am always trying to find roads in and out of Gas Wells in Arkansas. I use Google a lot but sometimes the resolution is so low it is difficult to tell.
Frank Winn

Tobina+1

Hee, hee... it doesn't matter if the road names are wrong... most of the rural road signs are stolen, knocked down, etc most of the time anyway... 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk