Flooding in Elk County

Started by Rudy Taylor, April 27, 2009, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

OK, countians, give me some reports. I keep hearing that the Elk River is out of its banks, which tells me the Neosho and Verdigris must be, too.

I figure Montgomery County, where I live, must surely be in line for some flooding.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

pepelect

According to the NOAA map the Verdigris will crest at 31' it is at 26'7"now at Independence.  Elk River at Elk Falls is over 8' as it normally gages between 3 and 4' on the USGS site.

I can see the Elk river from my back yard and it would be a good day to kayak just duck when you get to a bridge.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?dd_cd=02_00065&format=img_default&site_no=07169800&set_logscale_y=0&begin_date=20090420

flo

don't know about flooding in Elk Co. but sure seen a lot of water south of the KS/OK border yesterday.  This was sister's weekend and we gathered in Enid OK. about noon Sat.  Yes, we were there when the tornado hit.  Needless to say we all headed for home early yesterday morning.  Crossed the Arkansas twice and it was really up and rolling and all small rivers were up and out of their banks.  Only seen one highway under water, but a lot of side roads were covered.  A lot of fields looked like lakes.  SO..... it had to be coming from the north and that means Kansas. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Wow, I saw that front on TV, and another last night. I'm glad you're OK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk