So when did corruption get our government anyway?

Started by pam, April 14, 2009, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Wilma, I agree to a point.  Yes we need a LIMITED Government for laws, defense etc.  However, when I am forced to accept help that I didn't want in the first place it is no longer help.  When I am forced to give it is no longer charity, it is THEFT.  When my children are given a debt before they are old enough to drive that is slavery.  Our gov't has gotten way to big!!  Thankfully, I am still young enough (31) to be able to make a difference and see that this once great nation is returned to a REPUBLIC.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

Actually Wilma....my pet thing has always been to make the Congress and the president accept as pay whatever they set as minimum wage. If that is ....what is it now around 7 dollars an hour? Then that's what they ought to pay themselves as well. Think how much money that would put back in the treasury.....................
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

HOLY COW!!!!  Pam and I actually agree on something :o
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Y'mean you want the lowest rung on the pay scale to be our government leaders? Yah want fries with that? (sigh)
Edie

Wilma

sixdogsmom

Edie

Varmit

Wilma, that would be a good idea, so long as they are intelligent enough for the job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk