BRADY, William John "Bill" - b. September 10, 1911 - d. April 7, 2009

Started by patyrn, April 12, 2009, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

William John "Bill" Brady, age 97, retired farmer of Clearwater, Kansas was born September 10, 1911 in Jud, Lamoure County,North Dakota.  He passed away April 7, 2009.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Thomas and Loise (Bauer) Brady; brothers, George, Bud, Larry, Roy, and Robert; sisters, Alice and Marvelyn; and a grandson, Christopher Black.

Survivors include his wife, Lillian Brady; a daughter, Rebecca Aue of Wichita, Kansas; and a sister, Eleanor Gumke of Edgeley, North Dakota.

Visitation will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2009 at the Webb-Shinkle Mortuary Chapel in Clearwater, Kansas with family present from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.  Services will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at Webb-Shinkle Mortuary Chapel.

Memorials are suggested to Southern Care Hospice, 301 N. Main, Suite 300, Wichita, Kansas  67202 or contributions may be made to Webb-Shinkle Mortuary (www.webb-shinklemortuary.com) to help defray funeral expenses.

(Published in the Wichita Eagle on 4/12/2009)

patyrn

There was a Brady family with a daughter named Becky who used to live on the hill past the cemetery near Howard, probably in the 1960s.  I think Mrs. Brady was a school teacher somewhere in the area but not in Howard.  Her husband was named Bill, and we THINK they moved to Clearwater when they left Elk County.  Anyway, this MIGHT refer to that family.  

Marcia Moore

There was a Mrs. Brady that was a teacher at Severy.  I believe she might have been a special education - type teacher.  She had a daughter, Becky, that went to school here.  They lived south of Howard, I believe where John Bauder lives now.  Mrs. Brady would bring Mae Roberts and Juanita Anderson to Severy with her, and then she would go to more than one school to teach.  If she wasn't in Severy when school was out, Mrs. Roberts would take care of Becky until she got there.  Oftentimes Becky would play with us in the afternoons.  Several of us have always wondered what happened to her, as nobody ever heard from her after she left here.  -- Tim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk