Chautauqua County Prisoners

Started by W. Gray, April 20, 2009, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Thats not a bad idea, except for the part about prisoners building it.  I don't want criminals building the cages that we are supposed to put them in, gives me doubts about the craftsmanship.  But we could use folks from elk county to build it, would be putting money back into the county.  Also, we could take a lesson from sheriff Joe Arpaio ( I love that guy) and offer the "residents" a choice of diet.  They get 3 bologna sandwiches a day, their choice of apple, pear, or peach with each meal.  All three types can be grown right here in elk county.  What would be nice is if we could get some landowners to donate an acre or two (in return they get a tax cut) that could be used to grow and raise the fruits and turkey to feed the inmates.

Also, any surplus, could be sold, with the money going to cover costs of running the jail.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Tobina+1

The work farm situation is something they do in KY, I believe.  I think they have 4-5 farms that inmates work on and learn how to farm and ranch.  They provide a lot of the food to the prison system, then, too.

W. Gray

I have not received my paper yet, but I am assuming the couple arrested in Cedar Vale for having pipe bombs, drugs, and homemade silencers are now residing in the Elk County jail.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

kshillbillys

Montgomery County uses trustees sent with a guard to garden and weed and use the food from the garden in the jail. My husband used to work there so we know that's fact. Anything that helps to save money should be utilized.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk