March - lamb or lion?

Started by Mom70x7, February 28, 2009, 10:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

February is exiting Howard with some ver-r-r-y cold weather. Sure am glad the snow wasn't the stickin' kind.

So . . . what do you think March 1 is like?

:D   :D   :D

Diane Amberg

We got about an inch of snow last night and have a major snow storm coming up the coast tonight. It remains to be seen how much we get but we're in the 5-9" area right now. Later today, if it looks like we'll actually get it, we have to put the snow plow on the brush truck and put the chains on the ladder and the engines. I guess it's "ramish" right now with a lurking lion for tonight.

sixdogsmom

Diane, you guys have gotten much more snow than us this winter. We are needing the moisture as we are getting into burn season and some do not pay heed to burn bans and then there are accidents also. I heard yesterday there had been a large loss of homes in central Texas due to wild fire. Too bad. Our waether here is looking like spring toward the end of the week, but I think the hard freeze over the weekend got to my Magnolias. They were showing color and look black today. Maybe there will be a few and allow them to come back strong next year. That is a pretty sight, all those huge fancy pink blooms on bare branches! Keep warm! Brrrrr!!!
Edie

Diane Amberg

We finally got 6.5 inches of snow right here, and much more just east and south of us. Our Magnolia is still shut up tight, nowhere ready to pop yet.we got ourselves all cleaned out yesterday evening and the sun dried the roads this morning.It's beautiful here but very cold.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk