HINKLE, James Edward "Jim" - b. February 16, 1966 - d. February 24, 2009

Started by patyrn, February 25, 2009, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

James Edward "Jim" Hinkle, 43, of Wichita, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at his home.  Jim was born February 16, 1966 in Wichita, Kansas, the son of Hal L. and Peggy L. (Merchant) Hinkle. 

After high school, Jim worked as a Certified Nurse Assistant and a Certified Medication Assistant until he could no longer work.  He was also taking classes for a nursing degree.  Jim enjoyed helping others.  He was family oriented and liked having friends over to watch movies or to just visit.  He collected rings and various styles of "shot glasses".  He was a volunteer for Positive Directions for the past couple of years.

Jim is survived by a daughter, Ashley N. Hinkle of Oklahoma; his mother, Peggy Hinkle of Winfield, Kansas; a sister, Cynthia Gregory of Oxford, Kansas; two brothers, Greg L. Hinkle of Severy, Kansas and Steven Hinkle of Wichita, Kansas; and grandmothers, Francis Hufford of Angleton, Texas and Ruth Merchant of Wichita, Kansas.  Jim was preceded in death by his father, Hal Hinkle, and his uncle, Clarence Merchant Jr.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 2:00 P.M. at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Visitation will be held one hour prior to service time.  The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Foundation for AIDS research and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, P.O. Box 1233, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

It is always sad to see someone die at such a young age. This young man's father was the youngest of the Hinkle family that lived in Howard in the 30s, 40s and 50s. The only one left of the generation that lived in Howard is Charles, he was in my class in school and a really fun person. Charles' older sister was married to one of my brothers at one time. What caught my eye first was the name, Jim, that was his grandfather's name as well, his grandfather worked on the Sinclair pipeline crew that lived in Howard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk