Should CEO's get bonuses?

Started by Wilma, December 08, 2008, 10:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

This was a question on CNBC this morning and to me there is only one answer.  NO!!!!

Maybe if the company has a huge profit, has no debt and the stockholders get a good dividend, then, at the discretion of the stockholders, the CEO could have a bonus.

Catwoman

In this economy, with so many people losing their jobs, no CEO should accept any bonus...it's too close to being blood money...if I were a CEO, I'd donate any bonus received to a food bank...and thank God that I was still employed.

srkruzich

IF the person was hired and a bonus based on performance is part of his pay package, then yeah pay up.  Thats only right.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

And if the bonus is based on performance and the performance is sending the company into bankruptcy, should he get the bonus?

Catwoman

No way, nowhere, no how.  To accept that bonus is tatamount to stealing...it is amoral, unethical and unbelievably callous.

srkruzich

IF the bonus is based on performance, then if he doesn't perform he doesn't get a bonus. 

Bonus's are not unethical.  Aquiring a bonus without meeting the conditions to get that bonus is.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

Quote from: srkruzich on December 08, 2008, 08:34:53 PM
IF the bonus is based on performance, then if he doesn't perform he doesn't get a bonus. 

Bonus's are not unethical.  Aquiring a bonus without meeting the conditions to get that bonus is.

Agreed!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk