CANNON, Harry W. - b. October 2, 2008 - d. October 28, 2008

Started by patyrn, October 29, 2008, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

We just received word that Harry Cannon of Busby was killed yesterday in an accident at his farm.  More information will be posted as it is received.

flo

heard this on the scanner last night but didn't know who it was or anything other than there had been an accident and when "Robin" was notified I knew there was a fatility.  So sorry for his family.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Bonnie M.

Oh, my goodness!  They've been our friends for lots of years!  I will be anxious to hear how the accident happened.  Does anyone know, if their address is R. R. Longton, or R. R. Howard?
Bonnie

Marcia Moore

According to msn.com, Harry & Aliene Cannon's address is 1088 Road 27; Longton, KS 67352-9019

Bonnie M.

Thank you very much, Marcia.  I really do appreciate all that you do with the posting on the Forum.
Bonnie

greatguns

I don't know much detail about Uncle Harry, but I do know he was out feeding cattle when it happened.  Doing what he loved to do.  He died instantly I was told.  More when I know more.

greatguns

He was out feeding .  Was getting off the bed of the truck and back in the cab when a tree branch shut the door on him and pinned him as I understand it.  His services will be 2:00 Monday afternoon at Zimmerman's..

Diane Amberg

That's a real shame. I'm so sorry for your loss.

patyrn

Harry W Cannon, age 86, of Longton, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at his ranch near Longton, Kansas.  Harry was born on October 2, 1922 near Matfield Green, Kansas, the son of Frank and Bertha (Watson) Cannon.

Harry was a graduate of Rosalia High School in Rosalia, Kansas.  On December 17, 1946 Harry was united in marriage to Aliene Howell in Sedan Kansas, and she survives at their home.  Harry was a well-known devoted rancher in the Busby and Longton area.  He was a member of the Odd Fellows.  Harry was a proud PRCA Gold Card member and competed in rodeos in places like Ft. Worth and Houston, Texas, Dewey, Oklahoma, and New York City's Madison Square Garden.  He was also very active in the Elk County Free Fair in Longton, Kansas.

Harry is survived by his wife Aliene of the home; one daughter, Patricia Snively and her husband Joe of Howard, Kansas; five sons, Bill Cannon and his wife Deanna of Moline, Kansas, John Cannon and his wife Shari of Howard, Kansas, Kenny Cannon of Ogallala, Nebraska, Harold Cannon and his wife Bobbie of Longton, Kansas, and Howard Cannon and his wife Debbie of Howard, Kansas; one sister, Vivian Lemaster and her companion Maurice Swihart of Wichita, Kansas, twelve grandchildren, and numerous great and great- great grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his parents; one son, Edwin Cannon in infancy; one brother, Clifford Cannon; a sister, Helen Trigg ; and a sister in infancy. 

Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be held  Monday, November 3, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  Inurnment will be at the Busby Cemetery.  Family suggests contributions to the Elk County Free Fair in Longton and may be left in care of the funeral home 

Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk