LANNING, Billy Eugene Sr. - b. July 14, 1931 - d. October 14, 2008

Started by patyrn, October 16, 2008, 11:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Billy Eugene Lanning Sr., 77, a resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at the Howard Twilight Manor Nursing Home.  He was born July 14, 1931 in Howard, the son of Eugene and Hazel Laura (VanBuskirk) Lanning.

In 1950 Billy enlisted into the United States Navy.  On August 9, 1975, Billy was united in marriage to Paul Beryl Smith in Miami, Oklahoma, and she preceded him in death on July 3, 2002.  Throughout his working years, Billy worked as a farmer and a janitor.

Billy is survived by six sons, Billy Lanning Jr. and his wife Patsy, Rick Lanning and his wife Janice, Robert Lanning and his wife Kim, David Lanning and his wife Cathy, Keith Lanning and his wife Becky, and Lonnie Smith and his wife Ruth; one daughter, Brandi Lanning; three brothers, Tom Lanning, Larry Lanning, and Terry Lanning; four sisters, Wanda Clark, Phyllis Friend, Mary Wade, and Kathy Fouts; 14 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 18, 2008 at the Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard with Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Visitation will be Friday from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home  Interment will be at the Cresco Cemetery.

Contributions are suggested to the Billy Lanning Sr. Memorial Fund and may be left in care of the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Lookatmeknow!!

I did not know this till today.  I am so sad to hear the news.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

heather_tyler_2014

I've cried pretty hard for the past week >:( and now I'm finally getting better  :'( :'( :'( :angel: he's in the better place now
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk