Jobs going overseas

Started by gmaof3, October 08, 2008, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmaof3

I have maybe a stupid question someone can answer.  Who is going to do something about keeping work in America?  I have just received word that the company I work for may have to close its doors due to AMERICAN companies outsourcing work overseas.  They claim they can get the work done for 50% less than what we make to do it.  They readily admit that the quality of the work will not be the same, but its all about the bottom dollar.  So the doctors are going to send our work to India but when I go to the doctor my cost isn't going to be cut in 1/2, so where does that leave the American people?  Until they stop sending U.S work overseas and keep it here at home we're all eventually gonna be screwed.  What ever happened to "buy American"?  Between the outsourcing overseas and hiring illegals to do the work here, an honest working person can't even make enough to pay the light bill.  Kinda sucks if ya ask me.   

flo

I agree with you big time.  Has anybody heard either of the presidential candidates say anything about this subject? I haven't and it's something that really needs to be adressed.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pam

Just google each candidate on job outsourcing and all kinds of stuff comes up.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

mtcookson

I think the candidates have said plenty on keeping jobs here (or sending them away)... its just the wording that people don't tend to understand. Raise the taxes and the businesses will leave. Lower the taxes and the businesses will be more willing to stay.

Now... who is it that wants to raise taxes on the rich (i.e. business that make a lot of money). Obama!

Aaaannnddd... who is it that wants to cut taxes for businesses? McCain!
(whom gets a lot of flak from the other candidate for wanting to lower business taxes...) The other candidate being Obama...

flo

::) ::) ::) mmmmmmmmm, I don't know whom.  Has that been discussed on this politics thread?  ;D ;D :-*
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

mtcookson

Click here ----->hello!<----- then hold the Control button and press A and my post above will reveal all! :laugh:

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

Teresa

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it now..
There are answers in your post ( in white that can not be seen)
If you click your mouse in the space provided my young Mark.. then do the control button and the letter A it will bring up those answers ................cool.

( Or you can cheat like I did and just highlight the whole first post of his..  ;) ) Then it will show up.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk