BOULANGER, Edward Dennis "Ed" - b. May 21, 1948 - d. September 16, 2008

Started by MAM-MA, September 17, 2008, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAM-MA

Edward Boulanger of Eureka, Ks passed away yesterday. Edward was a 1966 graduate of Howard High. Where did the Boulangers live back in the 60's?

patyrn

Services for Edward Boulanger will be held at the Koup Family Funeral Home in Eureka on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 10:00 a.m.  Visitation will be at the funeral home on Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00.  Edward was married to the former Shirley Bowen of the Piedmont area.

frawin

Edward "Ed" Boulanger   
EUREKA - Boulanger, Edward "Ed," 60, died Sept. 16, 2008. Visitation 5 to 7 p.m. today; service 10 a.m. Friday, both at Koup Family Funeral Home. Survivors: wife, Shirley; son, Brad; daughter, Angie Lowe; brothers, Wayne, Phillip; sister, Pat Cole.
Published in the Wichita Eagle on 9/18/2008 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flo

I was told by a friend that Ed was diagnosed with cancer just a very short time ago
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Marcia Moore

The Eureka Herald had a nice front-page story and photo this week on Ed Boulanger.  (Ed was the son of my grandfather's half-brother.)  Here is the story:

Edward "Ed" Dennis Boulanger of Eureka died at his home on Sept. 16, 2008 at the age of 60.  He was born in Woodston on May 21, 1948, the son of Joseph and Lucille (Ensley) Boulanger.  He was raised in the Howard/Moline area and attended Howard schools, graduating from Howard High School with the class of 1966.  After his schooling he worked for the Coleman Company in Wichita for two years.
     On March 25, 1967, Ed was united in marriage to Shirley Bowen in Piedmont.  In 1968 he and Shirley moved to Eureka where Ed worked for Eureka Motors.  He then began his career as the transportation supervisor for U.S.D. #389.  After twenty-one years of service with the school district he started his own business, Ed's Auto Transport, which he ran for five years.  In 2000 he started Sentry Pest Control and worked as an exterminator until his death. 
     Ed was a member of the Eureka Planning and Zoning Board and a past member of the Eureka Volunteer Fire Department.  In his spare time Ed enjoyed hunting, fishing, working in his garage, woodworking and spending time with his family and friends.  He loved to play practical jokes on friends and family and was always willing to lend a helping hand.  He also loved going to the lake and teaching his grandchild how to ride different "toys."
     He is survived by his wife, Shirley, of the home; one son, Brad Boulanger and wife Annissa of Eureka; one daughter, Angie Lowe and husband, Roger, of Eureka; eight grandchildren; two brothers, Wayne Boulanger and wife, Gertrude, of Independence and Phillip Boulanger and wife, Marva, of Brunswick, GA; and one sister, Pat Corle and husband, Joe, of Moline.  He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Evelyn Laurie.     
     Funeral services were held on Friday, Sept. 19, 2008 at Koup Family Funeral Home in Eureka with Pastor Alan Hunter of the Jefferson Street Baptist Church officiating.  Cremation was effected.  Memorials have been established with the Greenwood County Cancer Support Group and the Ed Boulanger Scholarship Fund.  Contributions may be sent in care of the Koup Family Funeral Home; P.O. Box 595; Eureka, KS 67045, who were in charge of the arrangements. 

L Hendricks

Ed was such a great guy and my pest guy for years... but I didn't know he was related to Pat Corle or all his ties to Elk Co.  My thoughts are with Shirley and the family.  He WILL be missed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk