Obama Sued in Federal Court on eligibility

Started by srkruzich, August 23, 2008, 09:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

During the Carter administration we bought a house, supported four children, ran a successful small business and hubby had a job. We went to Kmart once a week, and I got a new outfit from time to time. The house was not a McMansion but sufficed for our needs. We did however begin to suffer in the eighties when hubby was laid off, small business went bad, and things went downhill when hubby hurt his back. The family started doing better in the Clinton years, and we were even able to start saving some. And of course the dubya years have not been kind to anyone except the oil people. I do not want to see more of the same.
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 14, 2008, 03:31:41 PM
During the Carter administration we bought a house, supported four children, ran a successful small business and hubby had a job. We went to Kmart once a week, and I got a new outfit from time to time. The house was not a McMansion but sufficed for our needs. We did however begin to suffer in the eighties when hubby was laid off, small business went bad, and things went downhill when hubby hurt his back. The family started doing better in the Clinton years, and we were even able to start saving some. And of course the dubya years have not been kind to anyone except the oil people. I do not want to see more of the same.

I watched my Dad suffer through the carter years from the theft by taxation Carter implemented.  When reagan took office,
my dads taxes dropped enough to where he got to buy his first brand new car that he wanted as well as was able to save
money and put into investments for retirement.   When clinton took office, my dad had managed to insulate himself from all the
taxes imposed, and survived for 6 of those years.  He died trying to keep what he had from being stolen by government.

When i was working under clinton years, I shelled out 20+k a year in taxes which was just plain theft.  When bush took office, my taxes dropped to 3k a year.  SO that gives you an idea what theft is going on under the democrats office.
And i am and was by no means rich, so tax cuts weren't for the rich, they were for the producers of this country.
If we had another  12 years of Bush, i would be ok with it. Its a hell of a lot better than what obama has to offer.  And I dont' trust any politician as it is but knowing obamas lack of morals, lack of character, his racist attitude,  i wouldn't even allow obama on my property much less think of trusting him with the job of dog catcher.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

12 more years of Bush? Yeah that would be lovely :P 8 years of any president is way more than enough.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Quote from: srkruzich on September 14, 2008, 04:33:35 PM

When i was working under clinton years, I shelled out 20+k a year in taxes which was just plain theft.  When bush took office, my taxes dropped to 3k a year. 

Good heavens, you shelled out more in taxes than I made.  Tell me again, what was your gripe?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

srkruzich

Quote from: flo on September 15, 2008, 02:02:30 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on September 14, 2008, 04:33:35 PM

When i was working under clinton years, I shelled out 20+k a year in taxes which was just plain theft.  When bush took office, my taxes dropped to 3k a year. 

Good heavens, you shelled out more in taxes than I made.  Tell me again, what was your gripe?

welll my gripe was the taxes :P LOL. I had no real gripes from 96 - 2001.  In 2001, i ended up disabled so
i couldn't work.  But i made good money and it wasn't anything clinton did thats for sure. :)
Taxes got higher and higher under him. 
Ok here was my gripe.  Biggest gripe.
i made 101k in 98.  by making 1001 dollars too much, i took home only 68k out of that 101k.  They taxed the heck out ofme
BUT if i had only taken 99k i would have took home 82k instead. 
SOo i had to start taking every dime i made over 99k and put it into a pretax asset like a medical savings plan. I had already funded
my ira totally so i had to come up with other things to drop my Gross income level below 100k. 
It was bad enough i had to come up with all kinds of tricks to legally get my income low enough that i didn't get nailed by the taxman. 
Ran a couple businesses at a loss for 3 years for deductions, made sure i did a service call every time i went to work, and after work i drove and did a service call so i could write off the 150 mile commute.  things like that.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk