Calculating the Presidential Sweet Spot

Started by dnalexander, August 30, 2008, 07:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Calculating the Presidential Sweet Spot. ???

During the Presidential race I keep hearing statements saying McCain is too old. He would have been in high school with my mom. I also, hear people that I would  have been in high school with are too young to be President. (Thank you, being middle age and having a few gray hairs I appreciate being called young in any context.). 

Alright a little data for the sweet spot calculation.

People in High School with my Mom
John McCain born (1936)
Mom                born (1938)

Not in High School same time as Mom.
Joe Biden         born (1942)   Missed by 1 year (After 1 term you are too old)

People in High School with Me
David (me)   born (1961)
Barack Obama      (1961)
Sarah Palin            (1964) Was she that cute freshman cheerleader when we wrestled Wasilla during regionals?"

Best I can figure then is the Presidential sweet spot falls somewhere between people born between 1960 and 1942. 

The Presidential Sweet Spot
Age 48 to 66 years old.

To use a golf term dead solid perfect must be born in 1951.

David

Diane Amberg

Is John McCain too old? I don't know, I'll have to ask his mother! :laugh:

pepelect

I think Palin can take Clinton (as long as Cheney is not invited) on the rifle range and beat her to the oval office.
Is there a age requirement that I have not been versed on?  Dead Solid Perfect sounds like the ideal democratic canidate.  Does he have a lost brother we can find(dig up).

I think the inexperience of the DNC canidate is still a question.  Could he keep missles out of Cuba in the first week of the term?   I don't think we can pray the world economy away.  We should use our capitolistic society to profit from it.  Get out of debt, quit policing the world, and start building something again.

Get back the quality of life and the quality of our MADE IN USA name tags that are probably printed in CHINA.   

I thought we were to be to Mars by now.                           Is that a suburb of Bagdad?

dnalexander

Pep do you watch Are you Smarter than a 5 th Grader? I think your humor would be perfect for that show. Then you and Jeff Foxworthy could go out for beers and write him some good jokes. :D

David

Catwoman

Quote from: pepelect on August 30, 2008, 08:28:35 PM
I think Palin can take Clinton (as long as Cheney is not invited) on the rifle range and beat her to the oval office.
Is there a age requirement that I have not been versed on?  Dead Solid Perfect sounds like the ideal democratic canidate.  Does he have a lost brother we can find(dig up).

I think the inexperience of the DNC canidate is still a question.  Could he keep missles out of Cuba in the first week of the term?   I don't think we can pray the world economy away.  We should use our capitolistic society to profit from it.  Get out of debt, quit policing the world, and start building something again.

Get back the quality of life and the quality of our MADE IN USA name tags that are probably printed in CHINA.   

I thought we were to be to Mars by now.                           Is that a suburb of Bagdad?
The only reason that people are bringing up the issue of McCain's age is that Obama's youth and total inexperience have been issues so far.  Now, because they can't hope to get McCain on the inexperience issue, they're skewering Palin on it.  Too bad McCain couldn't talk Condi Rice into being his wingman...that would have been perfect...no one could have played the race card since there would be a person of color on each side of the line...each side would have a proposed VP who had DC experience...and that cliche, "heartbeat away from the Presidency", would lose the legs it seems to have at the moment.  I would rather have an old geezer at the helm who has had lots of DC experience and is not swayed by DC reputations than a youngster who would follow whomever has the strongest lead and the deepest pockets.

dnalexander

When you have to explain the satire\humor then you are not a comedian. Diane thanks for understanding the humor even if it was bad. I obviously still need work before I my gig at the Comedy Store.
David >:(

pam

:P Condoleeza Rice................shes Georges right hand man :P shes busy
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pepelect

Nobody gets half the things I say.  They take every word as truth and not just my twisted caffeine induced banter.  In reality every word that is not capitalized is probably sarcasm....

I think your funny.......but explain it anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk