Powell Endorses Obama?

Started by W. Gray, August 13, 2008, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The Fox News website said earlier today that Colin Powell was going to endorse Barack Obama and might even give a speech at the convention.

I have not heard anything on the news channels and the story has since been taken off Fox's website.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, I find it difficult to believe a man of Colin Powells integrity and religious belief and Military background is going to endorse Obama.

dnalexander

I am surprised that Colin Powell would openly endorse anyone in this political race. He has had strong support to run for President and has said he will not run. I am sure he will vote for some one but I don't think he would say who. He has alway played the role of a self described soldier\diplomat serving the Commander in Chief and upholding the Constitution no matter who was President. If he has decided to exit that role and enter into the political arena I hope he decides to run for President in 2012.

David

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

Powell Still Undecided, Won't Attend Dem Convention.

Waldo the headline from your link fits in with what I would expect to be Powells position. Interesting to see though if he jumps in to politics.

DNA

Roma Jean Turner

If I recall it is his wife who is so against him running for office.  I believe she is very shy and suffers from some depression.  Okay this is how things end up on the front of the tabloids' but I do believe that was talked about 8 years ago.  She really doesn't want to be first lady.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk