NEED HELP

Started by Teresa, July 07, 2006, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I am having somewhat of a problem. As administrator of this site, I go in and make corrections and changes all the time . A little one here and a moved topic there. You know.. just 'stuff" that needs done.
(Kjell takes care of the big important stuff in here)**hmmmm does that make him a bigger stuffer doer than me**  :-\
Anyway, back to the problem at hand.

I thought I would go into  the Events and General Announcements section and do some cleaning up.
So I start to check off the things and events that are past and gone from last year etc..
Then I stop and notice at how many times they have been read and looked at, and I wonder..
do people that come in like to read the really old past announcements of concerts and meetings etc..
Should I start to get rid of some of them.  ??? Or do I leave them.  ???
To me after a year, an event is definetely over, but I would like input from all of you.

Please let me know what you think as readers and users of the forum.

Thank you~ :)
Teresa
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

Do you have a way to see how recently a discussion has been visited?

I know all of us can look and see how many times it was read, but is there a way to see if it was yesterday or last month or three months ago?

I think some of them can be removed, but I also know "newcomers" sometimes go through and read some of the old stuff.

So . . . basically I sat on the fence.  ;)   Maybe someone else will have an opinion.

Teresa

Well... that makes 2 of us sitting on the fence.
I hope I don't have to move over to make room for more..  ;D

I will probaby go in and take out some of the old ones that really don't occur every year.. and slowly filter them out that way..

What does that sound like? :police:

Janet Harrington

Well, ya know, I think you should delete the old stuff.  It's kind of like clothes we can't wear anymore, if you haven't worn it in a year, then get rid of it.  If the event if past, then delete it.  That's my answer.

Mom70x7

Looking at the "Events" folder, I think you could safely delete

Howard Clinic Open House
Deer Season Starts
Band in Town
Music Time Again - Add the Drama
Longton Fair

That's just for starters. :)

Teresa

Thank you both for your input. I will put the cleanup on my to-do list...
I appreciate your willingness to tell me what you thought. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk