Illusions

Started by Teresa, July 14, 2008, 09:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Yes, yes! Mythbusters even had a program on soda bottle rockets made with soda and Mentos.

One of the benefits of being in junior high when I was a lad back in the early fifties, was we were given the privilege of having a coke machine (6 oz glass bottles at five cents) in the lunch room.

Unlike today, this was almost scandalous that a school would allow soda pop consumption on the premises.

Instead of Mentos, we used M&Ms and would sneak around and drop several M&Ms in a guy's coke while he was not looking.

Everyone did it and everyone got a good laugh every time.

Before a person would notice his bottle was roiling over, the soda really made a mess of clothes, furniture, and floor.

Once someone noticed his bottle was spewing over, all he could do was pop the bottle in his mouth to catch the foam.

By the time the fizzing stopped, his coke was almost gone.

After dropping in the M&Ms, some guys would place a thumb over the bottle, shake it hard, release the thumb, and the soda would shoot all over the place.

We were warned about it a couple times and finally lost the coke machine.

M&Ms were new in our area at the time. Classes before us never had the opportunity to lose their machine.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

We were never allowed to have soda machines in school, but we all knew there was one in the teachers' room. If we were at school for an after school project we were occasionally allowed to go in and buy one. I saw that Mythbusters show...love that series.

sixdogsmom

Yeah we saw that show while Ted was in the hospital. Before it was over we had a resident and a nurse watching and enjoying with us. When teenagers, we used to find what we knew to be an inexperienced soda jerk and order a marshmallow coke. Now that really fizzes, and the poor soda jerk couldn't figure out what had happened. Shame on us, just a little fun.  :D :D

We didn't have pop machines in school either, but had a wonderful drug store on the corner that sold nickle fountain cokes. We got one nearly every night waiting for the bus.
Edie

Diane Amberg

We weren't allowed to leave the school property. I've got to try a marshmallow coke and see what happens.....outside!!!

Teresa

Mark used to put peanuts in his coke. They would foam up ...he would drink the coke and then eat the peanuts.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

sixdogsmom

This was the dipping kind of marshmallow, like comes in a jar. They used to use a lot of it on special sundaes.
Edie

Diane Amberg

You mean Marshmallow Fluff? I have a jar sitting beside my peanut butter in the cupboard.

Catwoman

Most teachers live in total fear that some kid will bring that to school and attempt it, necessitating an ambulance run.  Thank GOD that I haven't had one try it at school yet!

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on July 21, 2008, 06:40:40 PM
Mark used to put peanuts in his coke. They would foam up ...he would drink the coke and then eat the peanuts.

Uhmm thats the only way to drink a coke :)

How about rc's and a moon pie. :P

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk