Worst House Speaker in History Labels Bush a Total Failure

Started by Warph, July 19, 2008, 10:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/01/blackout-pelosi-turns-off-the-lights-as-gop-demands-action-on-drilling/

QuoteSpeaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House and turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m. and are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess...

"This is the people's House," Rep, Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) said. "This is not Pelosi's politiburo."

Democratic aides were furious at the GOP stunt, and reporters were kicked out of the Speaker's Lobby, the space next to the House floor where they normally interview lawmakers.

The "most open and ethical House ever" went dark– and C-SPAN and every other media outlet were powerless to broadcast the proceedings of the GOP revolt–because Nancy Pelosi and the Dems didn't want the public to see and hear the voices of GOP lawmakers on the House floor talking about their energy proposals.

Video here:

http://qik.com/video/147257
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Catwoman

Yes, they are...and they are representing the party that would just LOVE to take over the White House...doesn't sound like a bunch that I would want to be associated with.

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on August 04, 2008, 11:16:11 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/01/blackout-pelosi-turns-off-the-lights-as-gop-demands-action-on-drilling/

QuoteSpeaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House and turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m. and are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess...

"This is the people's House," Rep, Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) said. "This is not Pelosi's politiburo."

Democratic aides were furious at the GOP stunt, and reporters were kicked out of the Speaker's Lobby, the space next to the House floor where they normally interview lawmakers.

The "most open and ethical House ever" went dark– and C-SPAN and every other media outlet were powerless to broadcast the proceedings of the GOP revolt–because Nancy Pelosi and the Dems didn't want the public to see and hear the voices of GOP lawmakers on the House floor talking about their energy proposals.

Video here:

http://qik.com/video/147257

Interesting. Silence the truth by prohibiting free speech. What a novel idea!!!! 
Our forefathers should have thought of that when drafting the constitution.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

On the issue of abortion:

Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion; voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions; voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes; voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction and medical research; voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother's life; Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime; Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions; voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.

Pelosi on Civil Rights:

Voted NO on ending preferential treatment by race in college admissions; voted NO on banning gay adoptions in DC; voted NO on a constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration; voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance; voted NO on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage; voted NO on making the PATRIOT ACT permanent.

...On crime:

Voted NO on more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime; voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons.

...On Drugs:

Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests; voted NO on prohibiting needle exchange and medical marijuana in DC; voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs and terrorism. (Why would anyone vote against subjecting federal employees to random drug tests? I was a federal employee when I worked for the Federal Aviation Administration, and I would have thought it a great idea. Who wants people in charge of monitoring pilots to be on drugs? That's just one small example. I can't figure this one out... but then, I can't figure any of them out.)

...On Education:

Voted NO on vouchers for private and parochial schools; voted NO on allowing vouchers in DC schools; voted NO on allowing school prayer during the War on Terror.

...On Energy and Oil:

Voted YES on starting implementation of Kyoto Protocol; voted NO on passage of the Bush Administration national energy policy; voted NO on authorizing construction of new oil refineries; voted NO on scheduling permitting for new oil refineries.

...On Families and Children:

Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years; voted YES on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids. (???? What got into her?)

...On Gun Control:

Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1; voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers and sellers for gun misuse; voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.

...On Health Care:

Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide; voted NO on capping damages and setting time limits in medical lawsuits. (I want to comment here, but I can't do so without using profanity.)

...On Homeland Security:

Voted NO on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns; voted NO on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission; voted No on continuing military recruitment on college campuses; voted No on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists; voted NO on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight.

...On Immigration:

Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers; voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules; Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who recieve hospital treatment; voted NO on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (In other words, go ahead and tip off Mexicans about the Minuteman Project! Let everyone come in. So what if they are carrying suitcase bombs! It's no skin off my nose. I'm superior and nothing can ever touch me. To hell with the rest of you.)

...On War and Peace:

Voted NO on disallowing the invasion of Kosovo; voted NO on authorizing military force in Iraq; voted NO on approving removal of Saddam and valient service of US troops; voted NO on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date.

...On Welfare and Poverty:

Voted NO on responsible fatherhood via faith-based organizations; voted NO on treating religious organizations equally for tax breaks.

All of the issues are not included, nor all of the votes; nor are all the things I thought but didn't say.

Just wanted the voting record of the Pelosi  Demon-rat to be up..and to let  everyone know who they are and what they stand for; on a state level as well as a national level.If you educate one person, it will help!

http://myrepublicanblog.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk