Pharmaceutical Company Upset

Started by Warph, July 05, 2008, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

New Drug Not Clinically Proven to Cure Squat

Madison, NJ - Pharmaceutical giant Wyeth is upset they spent millions of dollars in developing a new drug that has no discernable benefit to the population. "We're so sick of losing money after realizing drugs we'd spent large sums of money creating were of no use to anyone," said Wyeth CEO Bernard J. Poussot.  "So this time, instead of just tossing our efforts out the window mid-research, we wanted to see if we could discover a reason a drug would be helpful to people after it was already made.  So far we've been unsuccessful, but as long as we can get individuals who need money to sign up for clinical trials the search will continue."  Mr. Poussot and his employees have already realized the drug in question will not cure erectile dysfunction, gout, shingles and tuberculosis.  "The ED looked promising for a while, but sadly our test patients in our trial studies all eventually collaped... er... relapsed. I think one of them died, but I don't think it was from the ED or our drug. I think our lawyers looked into it and I'm pretty sure that's what they told me."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Joanna

Ha!  I thought that's what most of them cured... squat!
This is surely in jest ~ if not, the person who let the CEO talk to the press should loose their job.  Ha!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk