February 17, 2009

Started by W. Gray, May 05, 2008, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I do not know that I have seen this topic before, but I keep getting inquiries from Elk County about having to buy a new TV before February 2009.

I know the answer is no if you have cable or satellite, but I needed to find something "closer to home."

The following is for those on the forum living in Elk County who may have the same question.

The Spring 2008 SKT Newsletter contains the following,

"If you are an SKT cable entertainment subscriber, the DTV transition will not require you to purchase a new TV or digital-to-analog converter box. SKT converts the signal to ensure it will work with your TV."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

They will no longer be giving analog service. You don't have to buy a new TV.. you can buy the little converter box to hook into your tv.
Everything is going to digital and HD ..before long that is all that will be offered.
I think that they call it "progress".  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

So, what about if you have a little dish like Dish Network?  I was wondering this.  Do I just need to contact the company that we have it through?   :-\
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Joanna

This will only affect people who are still using old fashioned antennas to get their TV; so if you've got Dish, you won't be affected.  I don't think it will affect too many folks, but people who get their TV free off the antenna now (like we all used to before cable) won't have reception anymore. 

Diane Amberg

You'll be able to watch your electric bill go up like ours did when we switched to FiOs and put 3 set top boxes on our TVs.

Teresa

Joanna is right. The satellite people won't have to deal with it..and only some of the ones who still have antenna's  ( that hopefully they don't have to turn by hand.. *remember those days?** ) There will be some that still have older TV's.. but you know.. even the older people have newer tv's. .. so I don't really know how many it will effect.

I have to say that I don't watch much TV.. but when I do, I sure like my good quality and clear picture..  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Can you even get "free" TV in Elk County without satellite or cable?

Wilma

My folks used to out in the northwest part of the county.  They had a tall antennae and could get the main Wichita channels.  We had only an antennae in Severy when we lived there and could receive most channels good and clear.  We had trouble with CBS, though.  Now, I don't know.  I sure like my cable.  Gives me more channels to flip through.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk