Explosion southeast of Grenola

Started by KandyKane, April 20, 2008, 12:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KandyKane

Yesterday evening (4-19-08) there was an explosion southeast of Grenola, on Road 7, but technically the locality would have been in the very northwestern part of Chautauqua county and at least one person was injured, as he was hit in an eye.  It is my understanding that he was airlifted by Eagle Med out of Parsons.  The Elk County sheriff's office responded originally to the call. That is all the details I have at the moment.  Would anyone have any information to add? 

Janet Harrington

The location was just south of Kenneth  Reeves residence on Road 7 in Chautauqua County.  The person was flown to St. Francis in Wichita.  The name Greg Norris (?) was stated on the scanner.  That's all I have on the matter.

lsmith

KandyKane

I honestly do not know, but can only speculate. Since the location was around some cabin way off in a field, someone was probably "cookin."

Diane Amberg

Bonnie M.

"meat, mash, or meth?"

All of the above?
Bonnie

Janet Harrington

I'm going to assume that it was not anything illegal because the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office did not respond and the Elk County Sheriff's Office does not have jurisdiction.  Now, I know what the word assume does, but I'm assuming anyway.

Devyn-Leann

The man was burning trash and threw a bag on it that had a 'D' battery in it. The 'D' battery caused the explosion. Strange what a small battery can do. This came from Elmer Wolfe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk