Howard, A Community with Pride?

Started by T. Sackett, February 14, 2008, 05:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knut

>:( The time has come for me to get on my Margarine case [soap-box]! First allow
me to thank those who so kindly mentioned the Howard Area Lions Club! Notably 7X70
Mom, as well as Tobiana, and Angie. As past paresident of that wonderful organization
and having been a Lions member since 1976 in various parts of the country, I've been
involved in many facets of community service. Let me begin, or more correctly, continue
by inviting ALL RESPONSIBLE RESIDENTS of the area to consider joining the Lions Club.
Yes, you must be invited to be a member! You are hereby invited!! It is open to all
persons over 18 years of age, both male and female! We do have an ample quantity of
membership applications on hand. As our meetings serve dinner provided by some of
our members preparing meals, we need to know how many are coming so there will be
enough for all to enjoy. Call me 374-4074, or any of our other members to reserve a
place. We meet the 2nd. and 4th. Monday at 6:30 P.M. at the Howard United Methodist
Church, that's the beautfil churh behind Toots.
Yes, we, the Lions take pride in our community! As you come South on 99, look to the
West just prior to entering the "City Limits" you'll notice that you can read the
"Welcome" sign, you guessed it, another Lions Club project. The sign has been there
quite a while but you couldn't read it, now you can! As you stop at Toots, Look to
the East across the highway, yep, there's another one. And as noted earlier, the
fence someone was so ------- as to tear down,was not only repaired by the Lions, but
also painted, then further South on Wabash, lo and behold on the West side of the
street yet another bit of evidence of Lions at work near Elk Street. Come and get
involved! These are just a few of the visible projects and involvments, ask the
people in our area that have benefited from eye exams and/or gotten glasses through
our club. In case you're thinking I'm bragging, no way! Merely bringing up some of
the reasons you should be a Lion. It doesn't take a genius to figure the more persons
involved, as in members, the more we can accomplish! If you think you are the right
person, you are! Show your responsibility, community pride, generosity, belief in
yourself, your community, the county. Call me or e-mail me, answer this posting, do
it now!  The ten most important two [2] letter words in the English language are;
IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME! Apply them, practice them often and call.
OK, I'm off my margarine case! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk