FUQUA, Joy D. - b. June 18, 1916 - d. February 29, 2008

Started by frawin, February 29, 2008, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I have just learned that Joy Fuqua passed away this morning.   I don't have the exact time.  She has been in a Wichita hospital for several weeks battling cancer.  Many of you will remember her when she worked at the ASC office with Elsie McIntyre, Allen Forsyth and others.  Her boys went to Howard High School (Conlon and Nathan). 

Myrna

Teresa

Ohhhhhhhhhhh :'(  I LOVED that woman. She and I have shared many a joke and laugh when she would come in the hardware store.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

patyrn

Joy D. Fuqua, 91, of Piedmont, Kansas, died Friday, February 29, 2008 at St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  She was born June 18, 1916 in Higgins, Texas, the daughter of Dee and Rose (Rermer) Giggy.

On May 1, 1938, Joy was united in marriage to John Fuqua.  They were married for 67 years until his death on October 23, 2005.  Joy was a homemaker but did work awhile outside of the home.  She worked a few years for Boeing and Learjet out of Wichita, Kansas, working in the Tool Crib.  She also worked 10 years forthe A.S.C.S. in Howard, Kansas.

Joy is survived by two sons, Conlon Fuqua of Piedmont, Kansas and Nathan Fuqua of Douglass, Kansas; one sister, Jewel McCaslin of Howard, Kansas; two grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her husband, John, and one sister, Roberta Taylor.

Graveside services will be held Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 1:30 p.m. at the Fuqua Ranch, 1/2 mile soth of Rock Road on Road 10, Piedmont, Kansas in Elk County with the Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until noon at the Flint Hills Assembly of God Church in Howard, Kansas prior to the service.

Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com

Memorial contributions are suggested to the Piedmont Community Center and can be mailed to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, Kansas 66736.  Services entrusted to Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk